If you are seeing strange behavior with the layout, especially with the left navigation (extra width is intended, missing background is not), this was caused by recent changes. Please hard refresh (often Ctrl + F5) and it should resolve itself.

Comments List

All Comments on Sheets RSS Feed
Posted By On Comment
Dec 2, 2022, 4:59 AM blackzelly03 Sheet:
Sand Marine
man
the metal slug commander devs practically took this sheet and repainted the sand marine
they just forgot to remove the sheet from the internal files lol
Dec 2, 2022, 4:01 AM BandanaDeeSprites Sheet:
Marx
I like more this version than the old
Dec 2, 2022, 3:48 AM MF5K Sheet:
Don Flamenco
It may have been a joke but it does raise an interesting question. King Hippo does react to getting punched (he takes damage, but uses the first frame of his idle animation as he doesn't have a proper sprite for that) but I never thought about if he could dodge too (I presume he wouldn't since you're not supposed to get star punches on him anyway, and it'd likely just be the idle sprite again if he could, there's no unused sprites that would work for that)
Dec 2, 2022, 3:35 AM MF5K Sheet:
Von Kaiser
Here's a small tidbit: there's small tiles loaded in Von Kaiser's sprites that match the placement of the ones for Great Tiger's gemstone. I guess they reused the OAMs across headswaps in this case.

That or maybe Von Kaiser was directly built off Great Tiger's sprites, which would make sense, as Great Tiger first appeared in the arcade version of Super Punch-Out!!, so he was a pre-existing character, while Von Kaiser made his debut in this game.
Dec 2, 2022, 3:33 AM MF5K Sheet:
King Hippo
If you're wondering what happens when you use a star punch on King Hippo, he doesn't have a proper sprite for that. he just reuses the first frame of his idle animation as you're not supposed to be able to get stars from him to begin with. Some hacks like Phred's Cool Punch-Out 2 Turbo start each fight with stars which allows you to see this interaction (King Hippo still takes damage from it, he just doesn't have a proper sprite for it).
Dec 2, 2022, 3:31 AM MF5K Sheet:
Great Tiger
When I hacked the game to get the OAMs, I was surprised to see that when Great Tiger teleports, he leaves a sprite behind. They didn't do this with custom palettes (it would leave a green Great Tiger silhouette in that case) but just the same sprite reconstructed from blank tiles. Also notice that in the Playchoice-10 version, they darkened his skin as it would otherwise be too bright in the RGB palette, though interestingly Mr. Sandman and Mike Tyson didn't get this change.
Dec 2, 2022, 3:02 AM TeridaxXD001 Game:
Microsoft Office XP
I'm looking into ripping the original monochrome Talking Moose for Macintosh, to round out this sort of thing here.
Dec 2, 2022, 1:15 AM lev Game:
Fighters Megamix
the icon is so funny
Dec 2, 2022, 1:12 AM lev Game:
YouTube
no kiding this game is hard as hell
Dec 2, 2022, 12:33 AM ConceitedEspurr Game:
Arcana Heart 3 LOVEMAX SIXSTARS!!!!!!
Awesome game!
Dec 2, 2022, 12:25 AM * Devon Sheet:
Sonic the Hedgehog
The shrinking sprites don't exist in v0.02. They existed in a build between v0.02 and 510. Also, there's actually a third unused Wacky Workbench hanging sprite that can be found in Tidal Tempest's sprite data.

I have direct rips of every unique sprite set in the final game here, the palette applied should match your sheet:
Palmtree Panic 1/2: https://i.imgur.com/Mk81EZ5.png
Tidal Tempest: https://i.imgur.com/POMwdCp.png
Metallic Madness: https://i.imgur.com/ziwaKWm.png
Every other stage: https://i.imgur.com/ziyEBsi.png

The Tidal Tempest sheet does show that mappings data for the shrinking and proto rolling sprites still exist in the final, but the actual tile data was removed by 510. You can also see the third unused hanging sprite in row 3, column 1.

For completion's sake, here's a rip of the 1996 PC version's sprites https://i.imgur.com/fn78amz.png and also v0.02's (broken frames not fixed) https://i.imgur.com/WpLKZqJ.png

The other prototypes' sprite sets are almost identical to the final, bar some missing sprites, and also flipped balancing and skidding sprites. I also wonder if earlier sprite sheets/rips were just taken from the PC version and labeled as for the Mega CD version...
Dec 1, 2022, 10:52 PM Menta Sheet:
Samus (Modern, NES-Style)
Epic
Dec 1, 2022, 7:48 PM RealMargaretThatcher Sheet:
Demon
"Hey, the Demon Sergeant's sprites look kinda wonky, we should change their back muscles to look like a Bruiser Brother's."

"Ok, I'll do that."

*Time Passes*

"Hey, I was only able to get the walking sprites done before the next build. I need some more time to-"

"I don't care, just implement the sprites you've done and leave the rest intact."

"But the back muscle-"

"Look, in the heat of combat, players are more likely to look at a demon's face, not their ass."

"O-ok, sir. By the way, I was able to draw some new death sprites, can I put them in?"

"Yeah, sure."

A conversation between Adrian Carmack and Kevin Cloud that probably happened
Dec 1, 2022, 7:34 PM RealMargaretThatcher Game:
Doom (Prototypes)
Do note that sprites shown are in multiple prototypes, I just removed the ones that are duplicates of sprites from prior builds.
Dec 1, 2022, 7:10 PM Edric1225 Sheet:
Lord (Marth)
Should I make this sheet shorter? It looks like it's hogging up space to the bottom right...
Dec 1, 2022, 6:41 PM deltaConduit Sheet:
Mighty (Sonic 1-Style)
@JoeyTheRabbit - his pushing sprites have been reworked - i felt the yawning gesture was a bit much. it wouldn't make sense if he was pushing a hard wall.
Dec 1, 2022, 6:37 PM Fat Mario Sheet:
Mario
It is me. Mario.
Dec 1, 2022, 6:36 PM * Doc von Schmeltwick Sheet:
Lakitu
They also throw spike balls and goo in Shy Guy Limbo.
Dec 1, 2022, 5:34 PM neanderthal12 Sheet:
NULL
where's the sprites where he glitches out and switches colors and shiz
Dec 1, 2022, 4:39 PM Morhamms357 Sheet:
Don Flamenco
bUt wHaT aBoUt KiNg HiPpO

Jokes aside, I actually knew that Glass Joe could dodge, I even submitted a revision before you rehauled the entire game sheet. However, while testing for Don Flamenco, I could just never get him to do it. Probably because in his first fight, he always seems to die at every star punch, and his second fight is notorious for being very hard to get stars in at all.

Overall, this overhaul seriously brought some new and previously unseen sprites to attention. Like, seriously, if you've played this game as long as anyone here has, it's so surreal to see Super Macho Man's unused creepy laugh or Mr. Sandman's unused pointing after a loss. It just goes to show that Nintendo are really good at cramming in features that make a character feel complete, making sprites almost no one would see, but *just in case* people threw that many star punches at Glass Joe, they programmed him to dodge.
Dec 1, 2022, 4:22 PM Striker777771 Game:
Breaking Bad: Criminal Elements
I Am The Danger,I Am The one Who Rips
Dec 1, 2022, 3:58 PM JoeyTheRabbit Sheet:
Mighty (Sonic 1-Style)
any changes?
Dec 1, 2022, 2:33 PM Barack Obama Sheet:
Koopas & Masked Koopas
They indicate if a Koopa sprite within a certain palette is used or not. For example, there are no climbing Koopas with a blue shell, therefore they're marked with a red X.
Dec 1, 2022, 2:20 PM MF5K Sheet:
Super Macho Man
The alternate faces for the victory pose are unused. There's multiple tiles there and I simply made all combinations because it's not clear how they were meant to be combined. I presume they were intended for the victory animation, becuase he does laugh at you in it, but he uses the same pecs-flexing animation as in his intro during that without his face changing.
Dec 1, 2022, 2:14 PM MF5K Sheet:
Mr. Sandman
The pointing version of the victory pose is unused. The tiles for it don't match Bald Bull, so I believe it was meant for Mr. Sandman specifically, but for one reason or another it was never implemented.
Dec 1, 2022, 2:09 PM * MF5K Sheet:
Don Flamenco
You can get everyone to dodge by hitting them with enough star punches, they will start dodging if you throw them while they're not stunned (of course you'd have to make sure to not KO them in the process). For Glass Joe and Von Kaiser, it takes so many that it was long assumed their dodge sprites simply weren't used, but I can guarantee they are.

I used YY-CHR to get the tiles from the game, then compared with in-game screenshots and later made a hack to make the transparent parts opaque to get accurate OAM boundaries. The dodge sprite is real even if it looks like a composite, the devs reused tiles to save on space.

The blocking sprites look like that because part of the head in the neutral ones is reused for it, but the rest of the sprite wasn't drawn with it in mind (in fact, the bottom-most tiles where the mouth is are reused from Glass Joe directly). I presume Nintendo drew the sprite with a different top in mind (Glass Joe's equivalent uses unique tiles for that) but to save space, they reused existing tiles and didn't realise the mistake.
Dec 1, 2022, 1:06 PM MtfujiInMyPants Game:
Octopath Traveler
@Ton Sorry about that. That's how they came out of the game and I didn't even think about it. Now that you mention it though, the sheets are super large for some reason. Fixed now. Will keep in mind for future submissions.
Dec 1, 2022, 1:05 PM Murnjendoof Sheet:
Kyorochan
Why did they make one of the nicest, smoothest NES walk cycles for a game where you can never walk for more than three consecutive seconds without stopping or dying?
Dec 1, 2022, 12:50 PM Murnjendoof Sheet:
Plok & Grandpappy Plok
Awesome! Thanks for updating the sheet! I checked in-game, and yeah, it does actually look like the sawblade animation runs in reverse for some reason. Weird.
Dec 1, 2022, 12:42 PM TarkanDragon Sheet:
Marble Zone Background (Tokyo Toy Show-Style)
Huh. I mean somehow I guess that answers my question but wow. you made a sheet back in 2020 on May 28th? And you never met Louplayer before... Woah...

You'd actually made something that later on predicted the obvious sprite that Louplayer did. I mean this is some sort of coincidence right?

If so then congrats and I don't know if you have any other old works you did that you'd never got around sharing... But to be honest that's really impressive to my belief.

I mean you've been absent for a while now come to think of it. Maybe somehow you were working on something big and we might not know about.

I mean this is impressive work you did and wish would be more accurate. But yeah still I'm confused and shocked at the same time.
Dec 1, 2022, 11:22 AM Barrett Sheet:
Metropolis Zone
i agree @piggi5x
Dec 1, 2022, 11:20 AM SpritZ Sheet:
Marble Zone Background (Tokyo Toy Show-Style)
@RaposaWorks I thought you implied earlier that you took the cloud sprite from someone else? You never posted anything with it until now, aside from your Sonyc (?) version.

@Louplayer's sprite sheet was made around December 29th, 2020 according to one of the comments on it.
Dec 1, 2022, 11:18 AM Barrett Sheet:
Aquatic Ruin Zone
this tileset looks like sonic 3 marble garden :O
Dec 1, 2022, 11:05 AM RaposaWorks Sheet:
Marble Zone Background (Tokyo Toy Show-Style)
this sheet is really making my head spin..... *dizzy emoji goes here*
Dec 1, 2022, 11:03 AM RaposaWorks Sheet:
Marble Zone Background (Tokyo Toy Show-Style)
https://imgur.com/a/TK9KMjl i made the cloud in 2020..... also im a girl, lous name is obviously that of a guy,

we dont even know each other..... smh.
Dec 1, 2022, 10:51 AM Ton Game:
Octopath Traveler
@MtfujiInMyPants REALLY love the new submissions, but is there any way you could trim them down to have less blank space? If you can do that I'll accept them right away. Thanks!
Dec 1, 2022, 10:32 AM sil3nt j Sheet:
General Sprites
Here’s the actual cover that marvel made: https://www.marvel.com/comics/issue/49470/deadpool_2012_27_waite_taco_time_variant/waite_taco_time_variant
Dec 1, 2022, 10:29 AM sil3nt j Sheet:
General Sprites
Not sure if anyone’s seen it, but the Deadpool comics did a parody cover once where they put him in a game called “Taco Time.” They didn’t like it when I tried to submit these here, but if anyone is interested, I made some sprites: https://www.deviantart.com/siil3ntj/art/Deadpool-Taco-Time-NES-936120984
Dec 1, 2022, 10:18 AM Barack Obama Sheet:
Standard Gradients
I could only take a guess, but if I really want to know it, I would look here:
Dec 1, 2022, 9:39 AM lautaro Sheet:
Blue and Yellow Toad (Super Mario Bros. 3-Style)
mark654 wow is the same sprite only with colors of smb3
Dec 1, 2022, 8:53 AM MtfujiInMyPants Game:
Octopath Traveler
I didn't realize this page was incomplete. I've uploaded some of the sprites I ripped a while back. Specifically the rest of the jobs for Prim, Tressa, Therion and Olberic. Let me know if there's a particular sprite missing and I'll look for it in my files. @Dark_Ansem I used a combo of quickbms and UEViewer to export the pngs from the uasset files. That's probably the most straightforward method.
Dec 1, 2022, 8:42 AM Toms Sheet:
Font
0123456789-+.e
Dec 1, 2022, 8:36 AM Ton Sheet:
Spear Guy & Dancing Spear Guy
The spear and shield by themselves are still on the "misc enemies" sheet. They get dropped when Yoshi eats them.
Dec 1, 2022, 7:59 AM Tailikku Sheet:
Epsilon
Now that's a shout-out you wouldn't expect from this gynoid: her summoning Ecco the Dolphin's pod.
Dec 1, 2022, 7:38 AM TarkanDragon Sheet:
Marble Zone Background (Tokyo Toy Show-Style)
@SpritZ I don't know I mean I never looked at louplayer's cloud to see if there's a difference.

Although I was at school at the time so obviously I never got to the louplayer's cloud at one point but now I'm back I now took a look even more closely.

When I looked at it somehow they looked the same!

Posted Image

I mean I have this odd theory that just got into my head and I don't know if this was true...

LouPlayer and RaposaWorks are the same person or just happen to share... though not sure about RaposaWorks's nature but somehow I feel like there's a connection. And I never seen Louplayer's TTS sheet for a long while now. Then again if this was the actual cloud that it's actually recreated then it might as well be an actual %100 accurate. Though not sure if @Sonic1TTSFan1990 is simply trying to make an actual true accurate TTS but yeah... there's possibilities.

And yeah this really melted my mind after looking at Louplayer's cloud and the one that was here are same but palette-differenced.
Dec 1, 2022, 6:57 AM lev Game:
Microsoft Office XP
gaming
Dec 1, 2022, 6:42 AM Barack Obama Sheet:
Zebes (Ending)
Erased all other ending sprites, since they got re-ripped. This leaves only planet Zebes on the sheet.
Dec 1, 2022, 6:40 AM Morhamms357 Game:
Punch-Out!! / Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!
Really appreciate the overhaul to these sheets! They're all so much more accurate, compact, easy to look at, and even have obscure sprites that are hard to get. They even have the correct tile maps! Props to who did this!
<<First <Prev Page of 1,820 Next> Last>>
(2 comments posted on NSFW sheets hidden.)
This page does not work well in portrait mode on mobile. Please rotate your device.
Revise
Switch to Dark Theme
Switch to Text Mode
Click to show NSFW Content
Click to toggle list of pending sheets
Click for a random sheet!