Cubeworld is a game being developed by an awesome dude named Wollay. The game concept is basically if you combined Terraria and Minecraft into one game, with tons of features not found in either game.
As seen in the trailer, and the Q&A, the current features are confirmed:
- Co-op gameplay
- Massive boss battles
- Player customization (though it's limited)
- Weapon and armor customization
- Open world exploration
- Building features
- Combat movement and animations
- Terrain interaction (Climbing sheer cliffs)
- Destructible environments
- First and thirdperson modes
Possible features from blog/FAQ/etc
-A pet system
-Will work as a classed based system featuring things like archer, mage, etc
Here is the current FAQ from his blog, he mentions some of his plans gameplay-wise:
Quote:Q: When will Cube World be released? A: I'm currently tuning and fixing everything but I don't know how long it will take and can't estimate a release date.
Q: How many persons are working on this game? A: Just me. I started this as a small hobby project in June 2011.
Q: Can I help with programming, graphics, sound, music etc? A: Thanks, but I want to do everything by myself.
Q: Which platforms are supported? A: Currently just Windows PC. Mac support is planned in the future.
Q: Which games inspired you? A:
- Minecraft: Endless random world made up of blocks
- Zelda, Secret of Mana, Landstalker, Monster Hunter and more: Style, gameplay, overall feel
- Diablo, World of Warcraft: RPG elements
- And many more
Q: Which features do you still want to add? A:
- Player customization: I'm planning to add player customization whith different faces, hair styles etc.
- Classes: I'm planning to add a mage class next and more classes in the future
- Different playable races
- Quests: A variety of different quests
- Items: Different weapons, armor and other items
- Building: Different blueprints and materials
- Weapon/Armor upgrading system
- Different pets
Q: Is there multiplayer support? A: Yes, you can do everything in the game cooperatively with friends. I can't say anything about maximum players per server because it still needs to be optimized and tested.
Q: Will you add mining/building/crafting? A: I'm not planning to add mining or digging, house building is supported. I will probably add a crafting system that allows you to craft weapons and armor from loot dropped by monsters.
Q: How do you create this game? A: I've programmed everything with C++ and DirectX (OpenGL for the first version). For the voxel sprites, I created my own voxel editor.
Q: Will the final game still be called "Cube World"? A: Probably not, it's currently just the project name. I'll have to come up with a new name soon.
(This post was last modified: 02-05-2012 04:15 AM by Keychain.)