New stages - Printable Version
+- The Spriters Resource Community (http://www.spriters-resource.com/community)
+-- Forum: Creative Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=86)
+--- Forum: Community Projects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=57)
+---- Forum: Smash Bros Project (/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+---- Thread: New stages (/showthread.php?tid=8624)
RE: New stages - Koopaul - 11-18-2009 03:55 AM
Well a painfully tough level doesn't really cut it as iconic to me. It has to be some place important. Bonus points if it pops up in multiple games.
RE: New stages - Cshad - 11-18-2009 03:56 AM
RE: New stages - Koopaul - 11-18-2009 03:58 AM
Yeah I those could work.
RE: New stages - Tonberry2k - 11-18-2009 04:06 AM
Death Egg would be good.
RE: New stages - Shadowth117 - 11-18-2009 04:22 AM
If we're using Death Egg than this thing has got to make a cameo. http://www.themysticalforestzone.com/sprites/Sonic/SupaChao/finalegg.png
Maybe have it act like the Metal Gears in the MGS stage in Brawl?
RE: New stages - Cshad - 11-18-2009 04:23 AM
It should actually do something though, I was so disappointed when the Metal Gear in the stage did nothing at all >:
RE: New stages - Shadowth117 - 11-18-2009 04:29 AM
Yeah I agree with that. I guess it could periodically appear and attack players like it attacks Sonic during its own boss battle and then go away either after a few hits to its fingers or after a few seconds. Its slow enough enough that it won't be a major annoyance to people playing, but fast enough to work decently as a stage obstacle like other onstage enemies in SSB.
RE: New stages - Koreo the Fox - 11-18-2009 04:36 AM
I would think a giant snorlax,but the only problem with that is a snorlax jumping past a snorlax, two compleatly different sizes.It would also be good to bring back pokemon like charmander in a stage where they randomly appere,like in SSB64
RE: New stages - Koopaul - 11-18-2009 04:42 AM
Not all stages have to have a bajillion things going on. That will piss people off. Some people want to battle on a less chaotic stage.
RE: New stages - Shadowth117 - 11-18-2009 05:03 AM
(11-18-2009 04:42 AM)koopaul Wrote: Not all stages have to have a bajillion things going on. That will piss people off. Some people want to battle on a less chaotic stage.
Couldn't we just have something in the options menu for the stage to be static or be dynamic? That seems like it would solve that problem and it would probably be pretty easy to implement.
RE: New stages - MaverickETC - 11-18-2009 05:22 AM
I have some suggestions for Sonic stages (from 1-3/Knuckles)
- Metropolis - In my opinion, the hardest stage in Sonic 2. Not enough robotic/mechanical/futuristic stages in Smash, either, and the Sonic series has a few of 'em
- Angel Island - A pretty important landmark in the Sonic series. But we have Green Hill Zone (or are we replacing that? or adding more than two Sonic stages?). Where's the machinery?
- Scrap Brain Zone - Same as Metropolis, but for Sonic 1. Last Stage for FTW, but maybe we should pick a stage from another Sonic game since his very first stage is already in (or if that's not the case, it has already been used...)
- Death Egg - Flat surface. Silver Sonic occasionally pops in as well as the last Robotnik boss, but not at the same time. It's just that Robotnik is more rare. It also could make a decent event in which Eggman or Silver Sonic appear more frequently...
- IceCap Zone - Appeared more than once throughout the series. I'm pretty sure we have an Ice Climber stage, though, so I'm not so sure about Ice Cap...
- Doomsday / Doomsday-Final Egg Hybrid - Doomsday could be a stand-alone stage. In which case, it would be a moving stage where, players would have to jump from rock to rock. Very similar to F-Zero's Big Blue, except there's no floor, and the rocks fly through the air as well. Or Doomsday could go in conjunction with Final Egg, consisting of a linear stage with rocks flying pass after set periods of time with warnings.
- Puppet Panic - Sonic 3D Blast stage . I chose Puppet Panic because one the acts had the same music that's was used for the prologue in the same game; the Flickies' theme, I think.
- Metallic Madness - Sonic CD stage . Maybe add in Metal Sonic as a hazard. It's all I got. I really support Wacky Workbench more.
RE: New stages - Rökkan - 11-18-2009 05:55 PM
OH Wacky Workbench would be an awesome stage. But it isn't too iconic or anything.
Maybe Speed Highway (Sonic Adventure) or Stardust Speedway (Sonic CD) could work really well, specially Stardust Speedway. We could have the stage changing between Past, Present and Future, just changing the tiles and background of the stage, no changes to the structure itself.
Also the idea of having a switch that changes stages from static to dynamic is really good, and we should put it in.
RE: New stages - Tonberry2k - 11-18-2009 05:58 PM
A stage doesn't HAVE to be iconic. Was Rumble Falls iconic? Donkey Kong stage 2? Lake Termina? We should pick a stage that is good for gameplay.
RE: New stages - Kitsu - 11-18-2009 09:46 PM
In before koopaul.
While I agree that particular stages don't necessarily have to be iconic, so to speak, but they do need to represent the essence of that franchise. For example, Castle Siege includes rather generic versions of three environments that are often seen in Fire Emblem games. The same is also true for Lylat Cruise and WarioWare: the stages themselves aren't so much well-known as they are representative of the areas and elements that make those series what they are.
Of course, being iconic would help greatly, but that is just one piece in the decision process.
RE: New stages - Tonberry2k - 11-18-2009 10:06 PM
Exactly. If we include another lush forest/jungle/whatever for Sonic, we're ignoring half of the series' stages and an unused half at that; the mechanical ones.