Random Talking Bush's Submissions - Printable Version
+- The Spriters Resource Community (http://www.spriters-resource.com/community)
+-- Forum: The Resource (/forumdisplay.php?fid=85)
+--- Forum: The Spriters Resource (/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Submissions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+---- Thread: Random Talking Bush's Submissions (/showthread.php?tid=6467)
RE: Random Talking Bush's Submissions - Solink - 12-22-2009 08:03 PM
(12-22-2009 07:21 PM)Ultimecia Wrote: Dark Eclair and Ash = WINthis
awesome rips :]
RE: Random Talking Bush's Submissions - Random Talking Bush - 12-25-2009 02:23 PM
Phew. There's everyone from Melty Blood Actress Again, and the two bosses from the previous games in the series. All in ZIP form (with the addition of all of their palettes, and MBAC's effects, which are much cleaner than MBAA's), because it's much more convenient than having them in sheets. And, thanks to these submissions, I have now broken my record for the amount of programs used for one sprite submission.
1. Mauve's MBAA Frame Displayer (for dumping all of the sprites into PNGs).
2. Mauve's MBAC PC Frame Displayer (for comparing palette differences between Melty Blood Act Cadenza and Melty Blood Actress Again).
3. Paint Shop Pro (for converting all of the palettes to *.PAL files, and putting MBAA G-Akiha and Dust of Osiris into sheets).
4. Westside's MBAC PC Converter (for converting pre-MBAA G-Akiha, Neco Chaos Black G666, Executioner Ciel, and all of the PC effects).
5. GeneralGraphicalDump (for getting a couple of missing pieces from pre-MBAA G-Akiha and Neco Chaos Black G666 and a few alternate portraits for Kohaku).
6. Westside/Melody-Yoshi's MBAC PS2 Converter (for extracting the palettes which were different between MBAC and MBAA, and for a few of Satsuki's sprites).
7. pcsx2 (for emulating MBAA, in conjunction with...)
8. 3D Ripper DX (for dumping MBAA G-Akiha and Dust of Osiris's sprites, with pcsx2)
... The part of these submissions that took me the longest were those stupid palettes. I've converted almost 1,000 palettes in total (36 palettes times 27 characters, with most of them having a bit more than 36). I must be crazy.
RE: Random Talking Bush's Submissions - Solink - 12-25-2009 04:53 PM
RE: Random Talking Bush's Submissions - Ultimecia - 12-25-2009 06:57 PM
... I am truly speechless...
Very VERY well done
RE: Random Talking Bush's Submissions - Random Talking Bush - 12-26-2009 07:13 AM
I'm gonna try to get the rest of my submissions done for New Year's, since I couldn't get them all ready for Christmas like I had originally wanted to.
There's everyone's sprites from Super Puzzle Bobble, an Arcade game... not to be mistaken with the other Super Puzzle Bobble, which is the PS2 version of Bust-a-Move 3000 / Super Puzzle Bobble All-Stars.
Next up? A dinosaur that comes in eight different colours.
RE: Random Talking Bush's Submissions - Solink - 12-26-2009 08:02 AM
I was wondering when you would post new Bubble/Puzzle Bobble games
(12-26-2009 07:13 AM)Random Talking Bush Wrote: Next up? A dinosaur that comes in eight different colours.Yoshi?
RE: Random Talking Bush's Submissions - Random Talking Bush - 12-26-2009 08:03 AM
(12-26-2009 08:02 AM)Gabby Jay Wrote:Bingo.
RE: Random Talking Bush's Submissions - Random Talking Bush - 01-10-2010 10:51 AM
It's a colourful explosion of Yoshies!
Some assembly required for those sprites, of course.
Also, is there such a thing as ripping too much from a game? Why am I asking? Because this here is the very last Rosenkreuzstilette sprite sheet batch you'll ever see from me, because there is absolutely nothing left to rip from that game now.
And just to re-assure that fact that there's nothing left to rip, I've had to go back and update pretty much every other RKS sprite sheet. D:
What's been updated on those sheets:
- Spirita's sheet has the particles for her Seelegewehr shots.
- The enemies sheet now has a mini-cross enemy that was in the game's data files, a spear that I'm pretty sure is unused, and that water droplet enemy has its alpha channel now.
- The Main Bosses sheet has a few added effects for Zorne and Sichte (and I corrected Liebea's name).
- Thanatos (formerly Raimund Seyfarth) has a gold-coloured slash effects that was in with the rest of his sprites.
- Graf Michael Sepperin has the shadow that's used when he transforms.
- Deviled Egg (incorrectly labelled as "Mold Devil" earlier) has the alpha channel applied to the eye of that thing that watches you in the background.
- Iris Machine has the alpha channel for the claw for the 2nd form.
- I added one of the effects without the alpha channel to Iris Sepperin' sheet, just because most of it is wasted with the alpha channel it had.
- The Prologue/Ending Backgrounds sheet now has the alpha channels used for the ending sequence (but as separate images), the intro's monologue (since I couldn't find anywhere else to put it), and a sepia overlay I found with the rest of the ending stuff.
- All of the background sheets have at least one more added. Hey, when a few of them look similar enough to each other, it's easy to miss 'em. D:
- Both Menus sheets have the "Load / Save" tags for the replay screen (I only had "Load" there earlier), but cut up a bit to save space.
- Misc. has a handful of new things. Don't feel like listing them, as I've wasted all my breath already.
But, yeah. Rosenkreuzstilette is a pretty good MegaMan clone (I prefer it over MegaMari), and it you happened to be interested, there's also an officially sanctioned English patch for that game.
Aaaaand now I'm going to randomly, spontaneously combust. Just because I feel like it right now. (Not really, of course, but you get what I mean.)
RE: Random Talking Bush's Submissions - Dazz - 01-10-2010 11:02 AM
Rosenkreuzstilette is fucking hard, as well. More so than MegaMan, so that is kind of cool.
Been a while since I've played a genuinely hard game...
RE: Random Talking Bush's Submissions - Random Talking Bush - 01-10-2010 11:13 AM
(01-10-2010 11:02 AM)Dazz Wrote: Rosenkreuzstilette is fucking hard, as well. More so than MegaMan, so that is kind of cool.I found MegaMari to be much harder than Rosenkreuzstilette, actually. However, fighting the Cross Wall as Grolla was really, really difficult. Imagine fighting the Mecha Dragon from MegaMan 2, except you have to fight it Final Fantasy-style, dashing up to it, slashing it, and then returning back to the platform you were standing on. The kicker is that you can't get hit when jumping toward it, or you will fall and die.
RE: Random Talking Bush's Submissions - A.J. Nitro - 01-10-2010 05:14 PM
Love the rips! And good job on the Yoshis.
RE: Random Talking Bush's Submissions - Tonberry2k - 01-10-2010 05:39 PM
Holy crap. Awesome job!
RE: Random Talking Bush's Submissions - Ultimecia - 01-10-2010 05:41 PM
LoL, Random Combusting Bush
Anyway...Whoa, that's really impressive. You really did a great work in here.
RE: Random Talking Bush's Submissions - Davy Jones - 01-10-2010 05:59 PM
Two grammar mistakes:
Die geplant Zukunft -> Die geplante Zukunft
Liebes Strum -> Liebes Sturm
Trivia: "Seelegewehr" sounds also funny, but the real description is Seelengewehr (Soul Gun).
RE: Random Talking Bush's Submissions - Tonberry2k - 01-10-2010 06:03 PM
Yay for bilingualism!